Saturday, August 2, 2008

Details

Detail One: Yesterday was the first day we officially had a new home. The first article moved into our new house? The sharp pointy collection, of course! We'll be moving like madpeople today I think, and we're having a moving party the following Saturday. Hopefully that will get ALL of the big stuff and most of the little too. This is going to be complicated by how much Raymond has to be out of town though. Between work and family it's going to be tight. Don't worry, I won't try to move anything but cleaning supplies back and and forth across the street on my own. I'm very excited. I need to take pictures of the few damages to the house today before we do anything else though. Just to make sure everything is square at the end, whenever that may be.

Detail Two: D&D should not be stressful. But apparently it is when you have an unstable DM who wants everything to go exactly the way he envisioned but can't seem to own up to that, and is fundamentally incapable of politeness. That's the way this seems anyway. He's been very rude, and if he didn't have two hundred dollars worth of Rifts books that belong to us right now, we would drop him entirely. As it is we will have to pull a fast one to get our books back without conflict. Grr. We'll form our own group with Raymond as DM, everyone should like that a lot.

Detail Three: In my quest for deep and rapid relaxation this week between the hecticness of school and moving, I have finished five books this week. They are: the eleventh book of the Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan, Storm Front the first of the Dresden series by Jim Butcher (it's fantabulous), and the first three books of the Twilight series (Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse) by young adult author Stephenie Meyer. I recommend them all highly, particularly the Twilight books. The fourth book came out today, and there will be a movie. Also, my adopted Uncle Vaz apparently wrote a book about the making of the movie already. How about that?

Okay, so I'm off to go move, and finish planning a coup. Unfortunately, no reading material until Wednesday. Guess I'll just have to write something.

P.S. If you have not seen it yet, go to Hulu.com and do a search for Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog. Written and directed by Joss Wheadon, who did Buffy and Firefly, it is forty-five minutes or so of funny, slightly ridiculous, and highly poignant musical. Three Acts. Watch them now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OH, you've finally read twilight!?!?!? I didn't know you hadn't read that. Scribbie and I love that series...

Good luck with moving. I understand your pain--I'm packing right now. :) Hope everything goes well with you.

~Scribe